Author Topic: Maybe an option to skip the tutorial in the beginning after your first playthrou  (Read 3359 times)

TreeTastic

• View Profile
Maybe after your initial completion of the first shift there could be an option to skip the first tutorial/introduction to get right back into the game without having to complete the first mock call.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:55:33 am by TreeTastic »

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great idea - I'll get this implemented! Thanks

-Kyle

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
The first call has a reason. So if you didn’t get it the point then you need it to be there. Plz do not delete it because as we suggested before it’s a hard call.

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
I'd like to skip some of Manager 13's interruptions. The ones at the end of the foul odor and burglary in progress calls are particularly irritating.

And what about whole calls we've done everything on? We could have a choice to skip it, of course, in case we want to redo one for some reason. Maybe we could only get the skip option if we have done everything on it?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:23:37 am by TheBear »
Jujitsu? I'm going to learn jujitsu?

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

She told you exactly what you needed to hear. That's all.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
If so make it optional because I love playing the full game.

TreeTastic

• View Profile
Actually I totally agree with you. This call does have significance and you can also get a skill from it. I think that getting to skip some of Manager 13's interruptions and intro would be nice though. Good catch.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
The manager interruptions are not by accident. The things you’re asking for is not removable text. That’s like going to your car and someone takes your keys.

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
Yes, it has a purpose and there's no reason to remove it, I'd just like the option to skip it, if we're going to start skipping things, because it gets boring having this chunk of conversation that recurs exactly the same every time. I'm just mindlessly clicking whatever option will get it to move on at this point because I read it and absorbed it a long time ago.

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

TreeTastic

• View Profile
I see what you guys are saying. I have played this game so much and I understand that newer players should definitely experience the first call multiple times to slowly learn how choices can interpret and change certain events. I am sorry to the dev if I sne you on a wild goose chase to implement the feature. I would say that if you add it in only release it to the beta after you have gotten the martial arts skill or whatever. Don’t add this to the public release of the game though because that could result in confusion and gets rid of the main drive to start playing the game.

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
You didn't do anything wrong TreeTastic, it's a fine idea. Just adding in my 2 cents about what I'd like to see included in a skip option.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk