Author Topic: Last Two Skills  (Read 6378 times)

tms777

• View Profile
Last Two Skills
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:47:57 pm »
So far I have Morse Code, Cooking, Phone Book, Hacker, First Aid, and Science. The other day I went to the game and received a message saying that there’s an update to a call but does that mean that the other two skills are available now? I do not have the beta currently, btw.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
Re: Last Two Skills
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:37:23 pm »
I’m waiting for this too ...

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:17 pm »
So, I found a clue. In the very first “fake” call, if you send police, they end up fighting a bear. You can advise the caller to help, then have an option BE A HERO. When selected, I’m told a skill is required. What could this be?

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:54:05 pm »
No matter what you do in the fake call you don’t get scored.

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:31:54 pm »
Well, no, but the score isn’t the part I found curious, it was the skill block. I’m missing the same two as everyone, but what skill inspires people? It seems like encouraging the fake caller and getting the neighbor to talk to the bookclub would be overlapping skills.

Sidebar, just replayed the Morse code call for the first time since gaining the hacker skill. Veeeeerrrry interesting.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 11:57:20 am »
You do not need a skill for the fake call. Where did you notice that you needed a skill in the fake call?

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 12:02:57 pm »
You're definitely on the right track Mostlyanon! I'm working on the last few bugs with that skill now - turns out there was a bug in how you get to the path to first learn the skill AND I have to fix a few more issues that occur in that storyline, some of the story branches don't wind up in the right places, but getting it all on track. I'm glad the Morse Code rewrite and rebalance is working better - the hacker skill/storyline is CRUCIAL. 

Keep all the feedback and thoughts coming! I'm *hoping* to have these skill fixes in an update out before the end of this weekend!

-Kyle

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 12:56:41 pm »
\o/ I am having a blast with how the hacking works. Morse is mind blowing.

Her, you have to send a police unit, then tell the caller to intervene. I’m pretty sure that gets you to the skill block. I’ll double check on my next replay, aka later tonight. I’m questing to try and 5 star all calls plus send all three resources to find out how they change things. Needless to say, I restart fairly often.

My cat wants to know what’s up with the cats call.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 03:32:01 pm »
I love the cats call ... the police are the only ones who see the cats and you can get 5 stars without using any resources

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 03:32:34 pm »
I’m going to restart now to see if I got the block

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 03:57:30 am »
Did you find it? I’m curious to know what you think. I keep referring to the two missing skills as Inspirational Speech and 10 Codes. I can’t figure out likely calls to give you those skills... Seems like 10 Codes could come from either the Ambulance in distress or possibly Frozen, who mentions working for Joindispatch at one point. Hmm. I’m going to go replay Frozen and see what’s up.

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 06:48:13 pm »
I still can’t find them.

alpha

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:02 am »
So, I found a clue. In the very first “fake” call, if you send police, they end up fighting a bear. You can advise the caller to help, then have an option BE A HERO. When selected, I’m told a skill is required. What could this be?

It's probably martial arts

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 11:56:36 am »

It's probably martial arts

That’s a guess or the truth

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 01:59:24 pm »
Hey, Alpha, I’ve been replaying that first call, but cannot figure out the combo to get Martial Arts. Could you give me a few more details? Did you encounter the bear by using the trophy or by sending police? I appreciate anything you can tell me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk