Author Topic: Paying for each beta?  (Read 3046 times)

Albert

• View Profile
Paying for each beta?
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:08:18 pm »
Hello! I paid for the game when I downloaded it from the app store, and both beta versions have prompted me to cough up again. Do testers need to pay the $1 for each version they play through? Thanks for letting me know!
EDIT: after demurring a few times with Manager 13, I seem to be able to play through now; I've taken 3 calls since.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:19:11 pm by Albert »

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
Re: Paying for each beta?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 03:13:29 am »
I haven’t been promted to pay again. Contact the feedback crew and tell them.

JamesSmith101

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:51 am »
I think it’s actually an arc of the story line, I saw that too and was about to flip shit as well but if you play around with the options you can skate by it.

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:50 am »
Yep - Sorry about that! It's the story line - but if you do see the prompt it should say something like "users in beta won't be charged" - Let me know if it doesn't!!

I modified the opening to better suit the payment prompt - it was very jarring before to a lot of people so I'm trying to ease into it a bit and explain it... Going to be doing a trial of an ad-based shift as well - so the new dialogue allows that as an option.

Not sure if we'll keep that going or not - but willing to see if it brings in more players and how people react to it.

They'll need a credit to "accept" a call during the shift - otherwise visit the accountant to watch an ad an receive a credit.

Of course all of that exploitive propaganda can be permanently turned off easily at any time for 99 cents.

-Kyle

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:00:38 pm »
I paid the $1 for the app initially prior to it coming out. Now I’m getting promted to buy it again. I’m definitely not playing anymore until that’s fixed.

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 08:07:55 pm »
I've got a new update coming out tonight - sorry testing a lot of things at once! But if you see a payment prompt on beta after you enter your email it should have the text like on the attached picture saying that it won't actually charge you.

Please let me know if it doesn't!

Once I get the new dialogue in this build tested I'll have it route around the payment option if you've unlocked.

Thanks!!

HerStoryTales

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 03:53:59 am »
Yes I’ve seen that ... so go through the process of paying and it won’t charge me?

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 07:42:16 am »
Yep!

Even if you haven't paid for the unlock before you still won't actually pay as it's beta - and if you have paid for the official (non-beta) version it says something like "You already have this! Do you want it again for free?"

Once I get the next build out to production I'll start making a Beta Test Q&A on here to cover stuff like this - thanks for bringing it to my attention!!

-kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk