Author Topic: Possible Method of Attaining Communication Skill?  (Read 1881 times)

Art3mis

• View Profile
Possible Method of Attaining Communication Skill?
« on: June 15, 2018, 03:30:36 pm »
On the CATS?! call, I immediately called the firetruck (like before he offers to send the picture) and asks to talk to the firefighters when they come. I got the option to ask their name when they identify themselves by their firefighter code. They say it's against policy and get mad (they could get in trouble if the call is reviewed). Dispatch glitches in and calls after, I ask them to review the call, nothing happens? Tried the same exact process with the ambulance, but I pressed a bit and we introduced ourselves (her name was Ashley), then we chatted a bit. There was another option instead of "asking her name" but I didn't write it down--that's what happens when you play really tired and early in the morning...Anyways, I attached a screenshot of the firetruck exchange. Couldn't get the ambulance call to repeat because the resource was never available after that first go.

Since the EMT was friendly, maybe a slightly different choice would get her to teach me how to read the ambulance code? Not sure.

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
Re: Possible Method of Attaining Communication Skill?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:13:05 pm »
So, of course I had to immediately restart after reading this and I haven’t found the skill, (yet!) but I did get this verrrrrry interesting clue! (I also got a chance to use my almost endless knowledge of Bowie lyrics.) See screenshot.

Art3mis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:36:12 am »
Did you do the Under Pressure sing-a-long?  ;D Also yes I got that too!! I have a slightly wild theory (I posted this on a different thread):
I think that we (the player) are an AI that is being trained to act, respond, and make decisions like a human. Hence the repetition of calls and the slight changes based on each choice. I believe this is how Google Deep Dream is trained--it searches and memorizes all images available by Google search to identify patterns and similar themes.

Mostlyanon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 06:17:41 am »
I love the sing-a-Long. (Also, as an aside, send a fire truck to the snakebite. It’s a wonderful bit of writing that gets me every time.) My current theory is that Manager 13 is a self-aware AI trying to master the “replace human operators” flaw by studying a real operator in different situations. (The player is the real operator here.) Jensen set everything up and is monitoring as well as tweaking situations by direct intervention. (Remember Morse said anyone can appear to be anyone?) So the call interrupts are either Jensen or the AI breaking in to real life and uncontrollable calls. The cats and  Watchers are an extension of the AI and Jensen. I haven’t quite sorted out the mist, but I’m leaning towards an extreme way of controlling callers. I have no idea ho Morse fits in. Maybe he was actually part of JoinDispatch prior to the AI? Anyway, that’s my working theory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk