Author Topic: Manager 13 censored?  (Read 2253 times)

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
Manager 13 censored?
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:59:42 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that Manager 13 gets censored too?
Jujitsu? I'm going to learn jujitsu?

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

She told you exactly what you needed to hear. That's all.

Idontknow

• View Profile
Re: Manager 13 censored?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:43:57 pm »
I have noticed it quite a lot and it makes me concerned about who really is the bad guy in the whole situation. We are told not to trust 13 by Jensen. We are then told by another person to trust no one. What is 13 is not the person to be very wary of, what if it is actually all of the callers?

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:31:11 pm »
The all the callers idea is interesting. Does that mean it's an uprising? I've entertained the notion that one of the callers is really Manager 13 or Jensen. Or both Manager 13 and Jensen, that  they're just pretending to be two separate people. I had to cool it on the caller idea though because I was starting to act like I was reading a murder mystery and yelling "They did it!" I think it would be better if I stop looking for it and let it just hit me.

On another note, Jensen did say this is much bigger than JoinDispatch. I'm already operating on the assumption that WeHelp and iRespond are corrupt too. So, who knows what all we need to be preparing ourselves for. Kyle may be saving something like that for the second ep?

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

Idontknow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »
I just have the feeling that the callers are all fucking with all of these things like Irespond Joindispatch and Wehelp. They probably do not really like how they are affecting the world considering we decide who lives and dies since we are only given 1 of each to use at a time. It could be an uprising from the population to try to put an end to it. But none of us know any more until more episodes are released.

Art3mis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 03:12:25 pm »
Okay I'll put on my tinfoil hat before I share this one, but I think that we (the player) are an AI that is being trained to act, respond, and make decisions like a human. Hence the repetition of calls and the slight changes based on each choice. I believe this is how Google Deep Dream is trained--it searches and memorizes all images available by Google search to identify patterns and similar themes. I got this impression immediately after my first shift, although I've since questioned it after 3-4 repeats. However, something that came up on the CATS?! call that brought this to my attention again. I called the ambulance almost immediately after the beginning the call (after just a few exchanges, before he offers to send a picture). I then convinced the ambulance that he needed a psych eval and should be taken away. Caller freaks out and says that one of his buddies was hospitalized for something similar and that "They told there was a complication, but we never saw him again..." Dispatch comes in (and doesn't even identify themselves as Manager 13) and I mention that I'm concerned, then he makes the following slipup (pics attached).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:15:30 pm by Art3mis »

Art3mis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:14:25 pm »
More reasons I continue to entertain my pet theory: how is it that callers can "upload" skills to us of their own volition, skills that we immediately learn and can use? Seems a little fishy, no? By the way, here's the third image that completes the above exchange (file was too big to attach all three).

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:08:39 pm »
Cool AI idea. That would explain this simulation mess and give extra weight to the uploading of skills. I thought it was just a cute digital way to say the caller shared some knowledge with us.

Uploading skills also reminds me of the Matrix, which I've already been thinking of anyway ever since the big reveal of all the calls being a simulation. And you know, they said people did actually die just not how we thought...

There needs to be a creeped out smiley face up there. lol

Another thought: I'm pretty sure I'm looking like faulty AI... Get the hook.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk