Author Topic: Spam  (Read 8328 times)

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
Spam
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:37:28 am »
Please pardon any presumption on my part, but I work from home and I'm on the computer most of the day so I could quickly remove this spam for you.
Jujitsu? I'm going to learn jujitsu?

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

She told you exactly what you needed to hear. That's all.

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:05:26 pm »
Thank you, I'll take the help! I just setup some more spam filters and additional approval steps for member registration so hopefully that will start to bring it down as well.

-Kyle

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:12:18 pm »
Cool. Let me know if you need any other help too.

Do not try to bend the spoon. That is impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. That there is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:25:10 pm »
Am I supposed to have the phenomenal cosmic power to get rid of spammers and I'm missing it, or am I sticking to deleting posts? Either's okay. I just want to make sure I'm not neglecting a duty because I can't figure it out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:25:43 pm by TheBear »

TreeTastic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 02:25:01 pm »
Ok so apparently a capcha was apparently bypassed. Honestly I think that we should have to approve members at this point since this whole spam fest ends. I hate how they are targeting the forum for join dispatch because it's getting on my nerves as with everybody else. Maybe until this place is calmer we can complicate the post spam filter. Maybe a delay would be nice for creating actual posts would be nice and allowing maybe two or three would be good unless maybe the beta testers get a special tag in order to post bug reports. Until then this should probably not be the main focus as the game is being developed and diversions would get in the way. Sorry for bringing this up enough but this is just plain anoying on the spammers side.

TheBear

• Global Moderator
  • *growling*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 03:32:46 pm »
I got rid of the spam posts and the user. Good thing you wrote this post though because I didn't get notified of the other junk like I was supposed to.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:39:49 pm by TheBear »

joindispatch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 08:53:48 am »
Thanks y'all! I just cranked up the security settings for the Captcha - it should be a lot tougher for a bot to read it - plus I added a human challenge question.

I also made the captcha a requirement to post - so hopefully that should help out!

If we're still running into issues after those changes, I'll turn the member approval back on.

-Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk