News & Updates > Beta Updates

Paying for each beta?

(1/2) > >>

Albert:
Hello! I paid for the game when I downloaded it from the app store, and both beta versions have prompted me to cough up again. Do testers need to pay the $1 for each version they play through? Thanks for letting me know!
EDIT: after demurring a few times with Manager 13, I seem to be able to play through now; I've taken 3 calls since.

HerStoryTales:
I haven’t been promted to pay again. Contact the feedback crew and tell them.

JamesSmith101:
I think it’s actually an arc of the story line, I saw that too and was about to flip shit as well but if you play around with the options you can skate by it.

joindispatch:
Yep - Sorry about that! It's the story line - but if you do see the prompt it should say something like "users in beta won't be charged" - Let me know if it doesn't!!

I modified the opening to better suit the payment prompt - it was very jarring before to a lot of people so I'm trying to ease into it a bit and explain it... Going to be doing a trial of an ad-based shift as well - so the new dialogue allows that as an option.

Not sure if we'll keep that going or not - but willing to see if it brings in more players and how people react to it.

They'll need a credit to "accept" a call during the shift - otherwise visit the accountant to watch an ad an receive a credit.

Of course all of that exploitive propaganda can be permanently turned off easily at any time for 99 cents.

-Kyle

HerStoryTales:
I paid the $1 for the app initially prior to it coming out. Now I’m getting promted to buy it again. I’m definitely not playing anymore until that’s fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version